As parents and family members, you play an important role in your Science Bound student’s academic success. That is why Science Bound connects with you throughout the time that your young person is in the program through:
- a yearly program kick-off where parents make contact with district teachers and ISU staff.
- bilingual communications access for ease of understanding the program and its requirements.
- two parent workshops each year where parents can share their insights and learn how to support the academic success of their students.
- regular written communication including twice-yearly student progress letters, web page and social media, and news updates, to ensure that you know what is happening in your area.
- a college-going workshop series where students and families learn about the financial and university resources.
- dedicated staff who are available to answer questions and who deliver the programming in the districts.
We’ll be looking for you at a Science Bound event soon!