For the Media
We welcome media interest in talking with Science Bound teachers, parents and students to learn how SB is helping students from ethnic groups that are underrepresented in the sciences pursue careers in science or math.
Interview opportunities include:
- SB administrators, who can talk specifically about SB in generaland about national and state trends in science and math education and how best to meet needs of students from groups underrepresented in the sciences (Black, Latino and Native American).
- SB students from 8th to 12th grade. These students participate in after-school and weekend science activities in their schools and at Iowa State University.
- SB graduates now attending ISU to pursue a technical degree. Many are the first in their families to attend college.
- Parents of SB students, who can share their experiences of what SB has done for their children and families.
- Teachers who make SB possible.
- Professors at ISU who are involved in SB.
Reporters and editors are also welcome to observe SB activities, seminars and the like. Just contact us and let us know your needs.