Former Science Bound Program Director Anita Rollins and former Science Bound Director Connie Hargrave recently attended the 2019 National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) conference to receive the Rose Duhon-Sells Program Award on behalf of Science Bound.
The Rose Duhon-Sells Program Award is awarded to an educational program who meets the following criteria, as laid out by NAME on their website:
- The mission and goals of the program reflect attention to multiple facets of diversity.
- The program meets the needs of a diverse population or seeks to expand multiculturalism for monocultural populations.
- The program offers a curriculum that responds to the diversity of our nation and prepares students to be active participants in our democratic society.
- The program offers effective instructional strategies for the population it serves.
- The program fosters connections between home, school, and community.